This month marks the 5th Birthday of Outstand transforming the performance of organisations across the UK.
So in celebration of this significant milestone, we wanted to say a big THANK YOU.
We think we’ve helped make the world a better place over the past 5 years. Without your support, none of this would have been possible. So on behalf of our team, we’d like to express our gratitude.
The last 5 years have been a fantastic experience as we’ve worked on a whole variety of projects. We’ve worked at all levels from Chief Executives to young managers taking their first steps on the leadership ladder; with high performing teams who are looking to raise the bar still further and with organisations that need to overcome significant challenges to remain in business. We have helped commercial organisations from different industries including engineering and manufacturing, to professional services firms and media companies, and we have worked extensively with both regional and national charities across the UK.
There are too many to mention but here are some of some of the projects we’ve worked on over the past 5 years:
- Broken down the barriers between departments leading to greater levels of efficiency and collaboration
- Equipped entire management teams with the confidence to lead with courage and transparency
- Helped senior leadership teams develop an effective process for decision making that increases the quality of their decisions and the buy-in from employees
- Aligned whole organisations so that they are customer focused rather than competing with each other for limited resources
- Created a common language for communication across whole organisations using psychometric tools such as Myers Briggs and DiSC
- Helped organisations change from a culture where employees were de-motivated, anxious and fearful to one where they are engaged and go the ‘extra mile’
- Worked with CEO’s and department heads to align the whole organisation with the business strategy, reducing duplication of effort and replacing it with a more focused approach
- Helped overloaded executive managers regain control of their workload and develop a healthy work/ life balance
- Lowered staff turnover by measuring and improving their organisational culture
- Helped employees develop a voice and provide platforms to provide feedback to managers in order to improve their organisation
- Developing the governance capability of boards from both the private sector and national charities
- Supported new managers as they’ve taken their first steps on the leadership ladder
- Worked with HR teams to reduce high staff turnover, high levels of rework, wasted effort and levels of stress.
The way things were
When we launched in September 2008, the economic outlook was very different. The Lehman Brothers had just filed for bankruptcy and the financial crisis was entering an acute phase marked by the failures of prominent world banks. The American and European governments were having to take unprecedented steps to rescue distressed financial institutions. Consumer confidence had dropped and organisations found themselves in a ‘do or die’ situation. Even well run organisations with positive cultures were struggling to ride out a perfect storm of tougher credit conditions in a rapidly declining economy.
The economy is now gaining momentum according to recent reports. We are encouraged by daily reports of increased growth and consumer confidence. It will be interesting to see what challenges lay ahead for UK businesses.
We look forward to supporting you in achieving your business objectives over the next 5 years. Thank you again for choosing Outstand as your learning partner!